20 April 2011

Avril's Beatles Cake

My lovely mum was 60 on Saturday and of course I had to make her a cake. I asked her if she had any requests and being a big Beatles fan she asked for something with a Beatles theme. This was perfect as my sister and I had been thinking along the lines of having a 1960's themed dinner party to celebrate. The cake was three tiers of triple layered Belgian chocolate sponge filled with white chocolate buttercream.


My sister did a fabulous job of organising the dinner at Miskin Manor and put together a table of 1960's memorabilia for guests to peruse:

It was a really lovely evening made most special by all of the family and friends who joined us to celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant cake, how did you make the sillouettes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I cut them freehand using a stiffened flowerpaste mix so it was all edible!

    ReplyDelete