31 July 2010

Clive's 60th Birthday!

Well hot on the heels of my grandmother's 90th birthday, last weekend my father turned 60! Buying a gift for my father is very difficult so my sister, mother and I decided to host a surprise birthday party for him instead. I'm very lucky that my lovely man is not only talented artist himself but his great uncle, who lives in Jersey and is a well known artist on the island, very very kindly painted us a watercolour to give to my father as a birthday gift. Using only photographs John painted the most superb caricature - it was so beautiful we used it for the front of our invitations.

Isn't it brilliant! I had to pay homage in my own small way to the painting by making a representation of it in cake form!!

The party was such a great success, thank you to each and every one of our 94 guests who had travelled from far and wide (England, Scotland, Belgium, Sweden... and of course Wales) to be there to celebrate with us. A big thank you to Serge and his team from the Knife and Fork deli in Cowbridge, they did an absolutely stupendous job with the catering, I cannot recommend them highly enough! But finally thank you to John for his fantastic painting which will always remind my father of his brilliant birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment